Participation in 6th Pan-Hellenic Conf. on Met. Materials, Ioannina, Dec 7-9, 2016
ELKEME team members, Dr. G. Pantazopoulos, Dr. S. Papaefthymiou, Mr. A. Toulfatzis, Mrs. Bouzouni and Mr. E. Gavalas participated to the 6th Pan-Hellenic Conference on Metallic Materials, which was held in Ioannina, December 7-9, 2016. They contributed to the presentation of various papers in oral and poster sessions of the Conference. Specific areas of interest were including Physical Metallurgy-Heat Treatment, Modeling-Simulation, Mechanical Behaviour, Failure Analysis, Corrosion and Wear, etc. More specifically, the contributed papers are shown below:
- Effect of processing on austenite grain growth of the microalloyed, Nb-modified, case hardening 16MnCrB5 steel. [A. Koletti, H. Dickert, J. Gervelmeyer, O. Rösch, A. Lekatou, S. Papaefthymiou].
- A new opportunity for the design of advanced high strength steels with heterogeneous-phase microstructures via rapid thermal processing. [S. Papaefthymiou].
- Study of heat treatment influence on microstructure and mechanical behaviour of lead free extruded brasses for machinability improvement. [A.I. Toulfatzis, G. A. Pantazopoulos, A. S. Paipetis].
- Microstructure characterization of a low alloy CrMo steel after the application of an ultra-fast heat treatment [M. Karna, S. Papaefthymiou]].
- Modeling of the steel microstructure gained after the application of an ultra-fast heat treatment. [M. Bouzouni, S. Papaefthymiou].
- Analysis and characterization of a failed industrial heat exchanger in service in a crude oil refinery factory [N. Papagianni, S. Papaefthymiou]
- Typical defects of industrial steel products [A. Antonopoulos, E. Gavalas, A. Flambouri, F. Tzevelekou, S. Papaefthymiou]
- Influence of heat treatment on the properties of a continuous casted 3003 Aluminum alloy [P. Stathopoulos, D. Spathis, I. Tsiros, S. Papaefthymiou]
- Solid particle erosion behavior of leaded and lead-free brasses. [S. Kantzelis, A. I. Toulfatzis, A. Karantzalis, G. A. Pantazopoulos, A. S. Paipetis, N.-M. Barkoula].