In the frame of 6th International Conference of Engineering Against Failure (ICEAF VI) which was organized virtually on 23 – 25/6/2021, the following ELKEME members participated:
- Ms. Sofia Papadopoulou, Metallography & Electron Optics Department
- Dr. Marianthi Bouzouni, Physical Metallurgy and Forming Department,
- Mr. Alexandros Antonopoulos, Process Metallurgy Department
- Dr. George Pantazopoulos, Technology and Quality Manager, Mechanical Testing and Manufacturing Technology.
Dr. Pantazopoulos organized also a Conference Section with the title “Experimental studies on the relation between microstructure and mechanical fracture processes”.
The scope of the conference is to attract interdisciplinary work dedicated to prevention of failure in engineering applications. It covers a broad spectrum of topics such as fracture and fatigue of materials, environmental fracture, structural integrity, surface engineering and coating, correlation of microstructure with mechanical fracture process, testing and control systems, non – destructive testing, joining technologies and integrated approaches for design, manufacturing and reliability of engineering structures. Works presented cover a number of different technological areas including aeronautics and space, automotive, marine, mechanical engineering applications, etc. ELKEME team members contributed to the presentation of various studies in oral and poster sessions of the conference which are shown below:
- Investigation of Penetrator Defect Formation during High Frequency Induction Welding in Pipeline steels [C. Sofras, M. Bouzouni, N. Voudouris, S. Papaefthymiou]
- Correlation of dominant texture components located near the fracture with the tensile directions, [S. Papadopoulou, V. Loukadakis, Z. Zacharopoulos, S. Papaefthymiou]
- Microstructural Characterization of AlCrTiV – Si High Entropy Alloy for advanced applications, [I. Daskalopoulos, S. Chaskis, M. Bouzouni, P. Stavroulakis, R. Goodall, S. Papaefthymiou]
- Quality improvement through process and learning approach in failure investigation and root-cause analysis [G. Pantazopoulos]
- Microstructure properties relationship in low carbon microalloyed steel bars [A. Antonopoulos, A. Vazdirvanidis, T. Tzevelekou, G. Pantazopoulos, P. Sismanis, S. Papaefthymiou]