Dr. Marianthi Bouzouni, Dr. George Pantazopoulos, Fivos Aslanis, Sofia Papadopoulou and Eva Stachouli participated in the 8th Conference of the Hellenic Metallurgical Society (International) which took place in Patras, Greece from the 14th to the 16th of December 2022. In this conference academia, engineering and industry presented innovative international R&D work of all types of metallic material systems. Following four studied were presented by ELKEME:
1. Simulation of Phase Transformations during Quenching and Partitioning Heat Treatment, (Marianthi Bouzouni, Evangelos Gavalas, Spyros Papaefthymiou)
2. Compressive mechanical properties of additively manufactured porous structures from Inconel 718 (George Pantazopoulos, Katarina Monkova, Peter Pavol Monka, Anagnostis, Toulfatzis, Sofia Papadopoulou)
3. Determination of the morphological alterations of intermetallic particles during homogenization of 6xxx series Al alloy billets, (Athanasios Vazdirvanidis, Andreas Rikos, Konstantinos Tiktopoulos, Papadopoulou Sofia, Nikolaos Kolioubas)
4. Examination of 6xxx series Al alloy extruded profiles heat treatments for optimization of the mechanical properties (Anagnostopoulou Chrysanthi, Papadopoulou Sofia, Vazdirvanidis Athanasios, Symeonidis Grigorios, Papaefthymiou Spyridon)
5. A review of industrial brass alloys towards high productivity machining processes (Paul Stavroulakis, Anagnostis Toulfatzis, George Pantazopoulos, Alkiviadis Paipetis)
During the conference, Dr. George Pantazopoulos was elected member of the Executive Board of the Hellenic Metallurgical Society.